In this week’s episode of the Law Practice Doctor, Sam Gaylord interviews Mims Driscoll. Mims is a trauma informed yoga specialist and has been practicing in the field of spiritual direction for the last twenty years. She’s the CEO and founder of Living Mangaliso.
Main Questions Asked:
- Who is Mims Driscoll?
- What is exactly Living Mangaliso?
- What are the pillars of Mangaliso and how do they interact with each other?
- How do these principles apply to the corporate world?
- Are there specific movements in Living Mangaliso’s yoga that helps with trauma?
- Do you customize the program for certain people based on their needs?
Key Lessons Learned:
- Zulu for “You are an an amazement”.
- Focuses on yoga and yoga healing and helping people work through physical trauma.
- The three components of yoga are to focus on our bodies, breath, and awareness.
- Be able to embrace silence, we are almost always surrounded by noise.
- Mangaliso is about empowering the people involved.
- You have to evaluate your limiting beliefs and deal with why you don’t feel amazing.
- There are five components: Recovery, Discovery, Exploration, Expression, and Expansion.
- We need to learn to trust ourselves, our voice, our expression.
- Mangaliso and yoga encourages movement and proper posture.
- Better posture leads to better productivity and an empowered state.
- Pause during the work day and take a moment to adjust your posture, breath, and place your feet on the floor.
- Find a place once a day to yell and deeply express yourself.
- However many times a day you are comfortable with, pause and breath. Three deep breathes.
- Stopping mid day allows you to reset and recover and that will increase your ability to execute afterwards.
- Give yourself permission to take time and focus on you and resting and recovering.
- Traditional yoga thought is to exhaust the person in order to seek stillness in the final pose.
- Living Mangaliso yoga focuses on a restorative method and slow movements combined with breath work.
- It’s about giving permission to people to slow down.
- Focus on health and wellbeing is important, it will make you a better employee or CEO.
Thank you for listening! If you enjoyed this podcast, please subscribe and leave a 5-star rating and review in iTunes!
Links to Resources Mentioned
Living Mangaliso on Facebook